Bird Turds and other things that go Plop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have a good recipe for Pasta Figioli?

Go down

Do you have a good recipe for Pasta Figioli? Empty Do you have a good recipe for Pasta Figioli?

Post  Admin Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:13 pm

*** Imported from old blog ***

There are numerous ways to make a good pasta fagioli. I have my own method, others have theirs. Perhaps yours is to go to a restaurant and order some, then add some extra parm and say its is your own variation on someone else’s.

As for my recipe, it goes as follows:

Chopped onion, celery, and tomato.

Minced garlic, parsley

Crushed red pepper to taste

1 can of preferred beans, I like canellini

1 box of pasta, any kind you want. If I have the time, I prefer to make my own and flavor it with red and green pepper, but that may be too advanced.

1 can tomato paste

16 oz chicken stock. (make your own or buy it, but make sure it is stock and not broth,big difference).

Directions:

1. In a large pan, cook the onion, celery, garlic, parsley, red pepper and add some salt to taste. Do this at a medium pace until onions are see through. (This method is also known as sweating the vegetables).

2. Stir in the chicken stock, tomato, and tomato paste and let simmer till it look delightful.

3. Add pasta of your choice and let cook till noodles are tender.

4. Add the beans, and mix throughout and cook till all is nice and hot.

5. Garnish with fresh grated parm.

Hope that was an easy enough recipe to follow, it is one I have used numerous times as well as the first way I learned how to cook it.

Admin
Admin

https://birdturds.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down